Monday, October 10, 2011

One-Skein Wonder Project #2... Shibui Baby Socks

Remember this yarn...? I just used it for some mittens.  It was the last of a partial skein of yarn from my Mom's stash.  (Thanks, Mom!!!)  It's Bernat Sox (acrylic/nylon blend) in a colorway called "Crazy Hot".  I tell you, I cut it close... again.  I had just a few feet of this yarn left when I grafted the toe on sock #2... too close for comfort.  This is another pattern from the "Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonder" book I am enjoying so much.  The pattern called "Shibui Baby Hat and Socks"... I did not make the hat as I did not have enough yarn after making the mittens, but I sure enjoyed making up these little socks.  A very quick knit!  The pattern link and information about the "Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders" book is here.  Sorry it's not a free pattern, but I highly recommend the book. I am getting my money's worth out of it... for sure!

Right now I am making another pattern from the book called "Horizontal Rib Hat" and I am using sock yarn from Knit Picks (Knit Picks Essential) in a colorway called "Plum Tweed". It's another quick and fun knit.  More information about this pattern can be found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am using Patons Kroy Socks yarn. The color's name is "Mexicana Stripes". I bought it at Michael's. I found the book at my library and copied the pattern. I really do like this pattern.