Friday, October 14, 2011

1SW Project #4: Emma's Star

Emma's Star
Here's my latest project from "Sock Yarn One Skein Wonder".  The hat pattern is called "Emma's Star".  I cast on Thursday night and had it finished on Friday night.  I live such an exciting life!  I had a difficult time putting this project down as it is a very fun knit.  Again, I used Berroco Comfort DK in "Rosebud".  The entire time I was working on this, I had a hunch this cap was going to be very small. It looks okay on "Miss Wiggy" (my hat stand) but it is a very small cap.  I also looked at a number of completed caps on Ravelry; several were modeled on children and those caps looked small as well. I considered giving this cap to a coworker (turns out I have two coworkers who have kindergartenen aged girls), but then I remembered a cap project for a summer camp for kids with cancer called "Camp Happy Times".  I am looking forward to making this cap again with a heavier weight yarn for a larger cap.  I have some nice pale peachy pink yarn called Rowan Calmer (from my Mom's Stash... Thanks, Mom!).  I think it will be perfect for this pretty cap.

No comments: