Friday, October 14, 2011

A little time to organize

My knitting corner is the space between my chair and the window in our great room.  My chair faces the TV of course (the computer desk and dining room table are behind me).  I have nice light to my left (which is good because I am right handed) and I have a nice view of the backyard from my window.  My knitting corner gets out of control really fast.  What can I say... I am just so enthusiastic to start new projects that I am forever matching up yarn and patterns and depositing them together in gallon sized plastic bags in preparation to start them some time very, VERY soon.  Today I decided to go spend some time at my local knit shop to knit with the girls and it took me forever just to sort though through all the mess just to decide what to bring.  It was ridiculous and out of control... so many bags... too many works in progress... needles and cables pigeon holed here and there... finished projects mixed in....miscellaneous knitting books... pages of patterns printed from the Internet...chaos!

When when I got home this afternoon, I got it organized and narrowed things down to projects I need to focus on and the remainder of the project kits (things I had not even started yet) went back into the big plastic bins in the master bedroom closet.  The cradle is holding all my needles, hooks, notions, a few works in progress, and my "Sock Yarn One Skein Wonder Book".  The bag tucked behind the cradle is holding a few more works in progress.  I can't wait to sit in my newly spruced up area and work on a project... or two or three.   I will resist the temptation to go into the closet and bring out more projects.  I'll have to keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound familiar Kim! What else does the mind do but think of the next knitting project while the hands are busy?!
Lee

Kim said...

I was just thinking the same thing tonight, Lee! I was working on the k2,p2 ribbing of another cap and I started thinking... what shall I do with my Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn... a baby sweater or Jared Flood's Hemlock Ring Doily... what about that Cascade Eco I bought... what should I do with that? I guess I need to work on something more complicated so my mind does not wander!