Monday, October 10, 2011

Horizontal Rib Hat: One-Skein Wonder Project #3


Another project completed using my "Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders" book. This pattern,"Horizontal Rib Hat," calls for holding two strands of sock yarn together as you knit the cap from the brim to the crown.  As a result, it's a very quick knit.  On Ravelry, I saw a variety of completed caps and some commented that the cap was too short.  I opted to add to add an extra pattern repeat (the pattern calls for repeating rows 12 to 20 two more times, so I repeated rows 12 to 20 three more times). I think it's a nice cap which would cover one's ears and stay on nicely.  The yarn I  used is Knit Pick's Essential Sock Yarn in a colorway called "Plum Tweed".  It's sock yarn I purchased a few years back (a sock kit) when I first learned to knit socks.  The pattern recommends self-striping sock yarn for a cool stripe effect, which I think would also be really nice.  All in all, I am pretty happy with this hat!


1 comment:

Maureen said...

I agree about ensuring ears are covered. I have short hair with exposed ears - my ears need winter protection and most hats are too short to v=cover them!