Saturday, October 22, 2011

Experimenting with Cables in Caps

I've been experimenting with cables in caps this week. 
Here are my results:

The blue hat turned out a little too short but actually looks quite nice on Miss Wiggy.  The yarn is Berroco Comfort DK.  I will try this cap again and will make it a tad longer.

The pink hat (also made in Berroco Comfort DK) turned out a little too long.  I may undo the top of the cap and try again, although I do like how that decreases made a "flower" sort of design.  This hat is what I am calling a "Lazy Cable Cap".  It starts out following a pattern called "3AM Cable Hat" (a hat I have made numerous times), but I stop doing the cables after the first repeat and then complete the cap in k2,p2 ribbing.  I made this modified version one other time and was not happy with the decrease portion of the cap.  Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm!

My plan is to take my caps to my local knit shop today, where there always seems to be a gathering of friends knitting... I'll let them try on these caps and get their opinions before I undo anything.  I really don't like to frog things... Ugh!

No comments: