Friday, April 30, 2010

Mimi's Bed Socks


This pattern for Mimi's Bed Socks is from a 2010 Knitting Calendar... Thanks, Mom! I am making worsted weight socks with... you guessed it... leftover yarn from my Great American Afghan. Socks with this weight yarn are a quick knit! I can tell I am going to love these... I think they will be toasty warm. I don't wear shoes except for outside so these socks are right up my alley! There is a nice cable down the front of the sock. Otherwise, the sock is basically a k2 p2 rib. I am enjoying using my new size 8 dpn's from Knit Picks... I LOVE these slick polished wood Harmony Brand needles!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love those - and that blue!

Kim said...

The yarn does look blue doesn't it!!?? But it's actually purple. Crazy, huh?! I just don't get cameras... I took this photo in front of the window for some natural light but the window was facing the east and the sun was setting in the west. I was surprised how blue the yarn looked in the photo too! I have got to get some blue yarn that color!!! Looks like "Cookie Monster Blue" to me! :)