Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eyelet Hat #1

I am dreaming up uses for the yarn I have leftover from my Great American Afghan (GAA). The other day, I was poking around on Ravelry... looking at completed projects... and I saw a hat which had the gears turning in my head. You can see the hat on www.ravelry.com. Click here:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pastel-marley

The hat looks as if it has rows of eyelet... similar to the border I put on my GAA and also similar to a baby sweater I made before. Here's a photo of the baby sweater to which I am referring (I really love this little lavender sweater):

Sat down with my yarn and needles this morning, and here's what I came up with.

There are three rows of eyelet on this hat but the it's hard to make out the "eyelet" on the row in the center in dark purple. I learned a lot making this hat. I really like the look of the eyelet on this hat only I think I would like it better if the hat had more rows of eyelet instead of the little rows of "v's" in contrasting color. I have never made anything with two different colored yarns at once so that was a learning experience as well. I like how the decreases look on a stripey hat as you work your way to the top of the crown!



Sorry the photos are not a bit better. It's late here so I had to be my own photographer with the camera at arm's length.

No comments: