Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jelly Bean Baby Socks for GAA


Did you say, "Ahhh, how cute!?" These are little socks I made for my son's block on the Great American Afghan. Instead of following the pattern for the miniature socks in the GAA book, I made this pattern from Susan B. Anderson's blog for Spud and Chloe yarn. Everything Susan B. Anderson knits is adorable and the Spud and Chloe yarn looks amazing. Of course I used some more Cascade 220 Superwash for these socks. The pattern is called "Jelly Bean Baby Socks" and here is the link: http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/2010/02/jelly-bean-baby-socks-free-pattern/


This is a super fun and really quick pattern. The instructions are fantastic. I am actually knitting another pair right now with some yarn left over from my GAA. For the socks I knit above, I did decreases on every toe round. I was running out of yarn and had to dig through my afghan yarn to find scrap lengths of green yarn to piece into these socks just so I could finish them with yarn from the same dye lot... Yep, cutting it close again! This is where the socks will go:
If you've never checked out Susan B. Anderson's blogs, I encourage you to take the time. The links are listed on the right hand side of the screen here on my blog.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Super cute baby socks - I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I need a little baby gift.

Snooky doodle said...

HOW CUTE :) AWESOME