Friday, April 9, 2010

Fruity Pebbles Hat


Remember the cereal called "Fruity Pebbles"? For some reason, the colors in this yarn reminds me of Fruity Pebbles cereal so I am calling this my "Fruity Pebbles Hat". This is the same patttern I used for Ginger's hat which I found on http://www.alarmingfemale.com/. I finished the crown of this hat after I took this photo and the hat is too tall and too pointy for my tiny little head (my head is the only petite portion of my body... hee, hee!), so I've ripped back all of the decrease rows and am reworking the cap. Unlike Ginger's hat, I am adding ear flaps. I hope I like it. I love working with this yarn. I am using more Cascade 220 Superwash yarn, just like I am using for my Great American Afghan (which... by the way, still needs to be stitched together!) I should mention that I am not exactly following Alarming Female's pattern. Her version calls for just three rows of seed stitch but I used about 10 rows of seed stitch followed by one row of purl stitch before starting in on the stockinette portion. I thought the yarn looked great in seed stitch, so I just stuck with it until it created a nice rim for the hat. The hat ear flaps are also done in seed stitch.

No comments: