Saturday, January 16, 2010

When life gives you lemons... go on a cooking frenzy!

After making a yummy loaf of lemon bread the other day, I went crazy in the kitchen on a cooking frenzy, utilizing lemons in all ways imaginable!

My lunches for the week: Quinoa cooked in chicken broth and drizzled with fresh lemon juice. Chicken breasts seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and basil... browned in the pan and then roasted in the oven with lemon wedges which made a great sauce when later reduced. Oven roasted broccoli with lemon zest, olive oil, and crushed red pepper flakes.





Also made two loaves of lemon bread... this time with poppy seeds. Which reminds me, I really need to get that bread in the freezer or else I'll start gobbling it up.






I also made some viniagrette with olive oil, dijon mustard, and lemon juice... I am not sure how much I will like it??? Also made some hummus with roasted red peppers, chickpeas, cumin and... of course... lots of fresh lemon juice. I think I put in too much garlic. Very strong raw garlic taste... not good. My husband was a trooper and ate some but he said he thought it tasted gritty. Hmmm. Unfortunately, I think that may go in the trash. More goodies with lemons to come... I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments: