Friday, December 11, 2009

Miniature Sweater #1


If you go to http://www.berroco.com/, and then type in the word "minutia" in the search box, you'll find three sets of patterns for the most adorable sweater ornaments. Apparently they've put out such collections in 2007, 2008, and 2009. I finally sat down to make one of thes and I just love the result! I just used the directions (how many stitches to cast on, how many rows, and ideas for needle size and yarn weight) and then just took it from there as far as my own design. A simple little cable on this one with some alternating rows of knit and purl. You start on the bottom front with a few rows of ribbing and then work your way up from there as you would a big sweater, then you bind off a few stitches in the middle of the row for a neck opening, then the very next row... you cast on the same number of stitches in the middle of the row to finish the neck opening. You complete the back of the sweater in the same manner as the front and then pick up and knit stitches on the right and left sides of the sweater up by the neck hole to make sleeves. Then stitch the side seams and the arms... done! Piece of cake. The possibilities are limitless. I have been digging through my stash of yarn for inspiration and it's not hard to find it! I could easily get addicted to making these! Hmmm, if I start now, how many of these little buggers could I have done by Christmas 2010!? You can easily make one of these in an evening. I am working on another one right now...

No comments: