Friday, December 25, 2009

Great American Afghan... it's coming together!


Every once in awhile I like to lay out my blocks and see how things are shaping up. Most of the blocks are pretty similar in size which is great since I've not yet put much effort into shaping or blocking. I still have a lot to learn about blocking. The only block which seems significantly smaller to me is the pale lavendar diagonal block but it feels very stretchy much like ribbing. Still need to stitch down the trees and the appliques on the Under the Tree block. I have two more blocks on needles as I write... the Entrelac with a Twist Block (#19) and also #24. Block #24 has an invisible cast on down the middle of the block. We were so focused on the invisible cast on in class that by the time I got home and got the block started, I got stuck on rows #1 and #2 of the chart pattern. I'll get it figured out with some help from the course instructor. In the mean time, I am working on the blocks I can complete on my own. I am looking forward to starting Block #15. I also need to get working on Block #5 and Block #10. No pressure!

No comments: