Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gift Exchange


Earlier in the week I showed you the miniature sweater ornaments I made for my coworker, Mrs. W. Well, this is a photo of the gift she made for me. Homemade gifts are so much more special. Mrs. W is into ceramics and she makes beautiful things. This is a ceramic canister and it also came with a bottle of wine (which is in the refrigerator! Yum!) I am using the canister to hold my wooden spoons and other utensils. The design is a decal which goes perfectly with my kitchen theme of chefs and waiters. Apparently, Mrs. W went to a huge effort to find just the right decals to match my kitchen and she did a great job! I love, love, love it! New chicken recipe in the Crock Pot this morning (you can see the Crock Pot in the photo). A variation on Mrs. W's chicken recipe. Four chicken breasts, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 a can of diced green chilies, 1 1/2 coarsely chopped red bell pepper (before they spoiled in the refrigerator), 1/2 a can of water, along with some garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano. I think it might be like chicken enchiladas without the tortillas. I plan to have this with basmati rice made with chicken broth. McRibs are back in town; boys are excited about that... I am not. Mickey D's for the boys, awesome Crock Pot recipe for Mom!

No comments: