Sunday, November 5, 2017

Do You Like My Hat?





"Do you like my hat?"

That's a line from one of my favorite early reader books.  Do know the book to which I am referring?

I know if I ask my son, Zach (who will turn 21 years old soon), he will know right away what book this line comes from! It was one of our favorites when he was young.

I will tell you what book it is at the end of this post in case you aren't familiar with it.

I do! I do like my hat!

Sometimes hats sit kind of funny on my head since I wear glasses, but I am happy with how my hat turned out.  I have been wearing my hat on our early morning walks and it is keeping my ears nice and toasty warm.




I used some clever techniques in knitting his hat so I was kind of tickled to share the details for folks who might enjoy reading about that.  I made up the pattern as I went along.  The entire hat (except for the ribbing) is KNIT... exclusively KNIT... in the round and I did NOT purl any of the stitches, even though the hat looks as if it consists of bands of knit rounds and band of purl bands.

I just spent a ton of time typing up my notes/instructions for this hat and I LOST it all!  So frustrating. So for now, I'll just finish this post to show you my cute hat.





The yarn is Cascade "Pacific" and I love the nice charcoal color.





Okay, here is the book I mentioned above.  P. D. Eastman books are my favorites! Throughout the story, the girl dog asks the boy dog, "Do you like my hat?" and he keeps telling her, "No! I do not like that hat!"  I think at the end of the story, he finally says, "I do! I do like that hat!" and, if my memory serves me correctly, they drive off together in a convertible into the setting sun.



Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

...I do...I do...I do like that hat...

~Have a lovely day!

Kim said...

Ahhhh, what a book. So many great books by P. D. Eastman!

Johnny said...

Thankks for writing this