Sunday, November 19, 2017

Building in Color: Final Panel Done!



Woo hoo! Panel number 10 of 10 in my Building in Color afghan project is complete.  This panel incorporates a "tuck stitch".  Basically, this is a dropped stitch that you grab and knit.



The row repeat is 2 rows of pink in stockinette, 4 rows of blue in stockinette, and then 2 rows of pink in stockinette.  But in the latter pink rows, you drop or unravel the blue stitches in predetermined spots all they way down to the former pink rows.  Really difficult to explain.  You can check out Michelle Hunter's wonderful video to see how "tuck stitches are created".  See video tutorial HERE.  I enjoyed this panel but the tuck stitch rows are slow going.



I could see incorporating tuck stitches in various other projects.  I think I have seen tuck stitches in the collar of a baby cardigan sweater in the past. Too cute!



I am anxious to get my Building in Color afghan all sewn together.  The sewing up incorporates the "mattress stitch" which is pretty straight forward but all of these panels are so very different. I hope I can be patient and sew it together nicely. I am always saying I am a pretty good knitter but my sewing can really foul up a nice project.  After the panels are sewn together, I will then have to figure out how to apply the afghan borders around the perimeter.  I am contemplating lining the back of the afghan with fabric.  I just don't know yet.

No comments: