Monday, September 25, 2017

Jelly Rolls


Jelly Rolls

There is a super cute pattern on Ravelry called "Jelly Rolls".  It is not a FREE pattern but it's totally worth the purchase in my opinion.  Here is the link (click HERE). The construction is very creative. I love the contrasting rolled top to the sock, heel, and toe. The pattern comes with a few variations including a color work (using two colors of yarn) in the heel and foot portion.  If you look on Ravelry to see the various projects using this pattern, you will see a lot of inspiration for creativity.  Once you learn the technique, you can just take what you've learned and run with it. 

For my "Jelly Rolls" sock which you can see above, I used Patons Kroy Sock 4 ply in the Eclipse Stripes colorway.  This is left over from the socks I recently completed for my husband. The solid pink yarn is Knit Picks Stroll; I am not sure what that color is called.  Where did that yarn label go? I just don't know. 

Sock number 1 fits great so I am motivated to get working on sock number 2.  I highly encourage you to check out the completed Jelly Rolls sock on Ravelry.  The link is HERE.  Chances are, it will get you thinking about yarn in your stash and you'll be coming up with fun combinations of yarn. 

I've already got plans for Jelly Rolls number 2.  Here is a photo of the yarn I've selected.



For my socks, I am using size 2.50 mm dpns and I cast on 56 stitches. I did do 32 rows in the heel flap (more than the pattern called for) since I do ordinarily work 32 rows in my heel flaps.  If you would like to make these socks and include the color work portion in the heel, you will also need a larger set of dpns to make this project.  This is all spelled out nicely in the pattern.

Happy Knitting folks! 

No comments: