Friday, September 8, 2017

Building in Color Afghan: Sneak Peek




Building in Color Afghan Project: Sneak Peek

I've been working a lot on my Building in Color afghan project lately and finally decided to unroll my panels, lay them out side by side, and get an idea what this afghan will look like. You can see them all above.  The alarming thing I noticed was that some of my panels are significantly longer than others.  I am optimistic that I can remedy some of this with REALLY AGGRESSIVE blocking.  The lesson I have learned is that these various color work panels all take on a life of their own and behave very differently.  Some want to stretch vertically and some want to stretch horizontally.  I think sewing them all together will be challenging, but like I said, I hope I can get some of them stretched a bit longer with blocking.  I don't want to have to take out any of the bound off edges, add more yarn, and add more length!  Above you can see... 7 of 10 panels done.  Woo Hoo!


No comments: