Thursday, November 12, 2009

#25 Estonian block is complete




The designer of square #25 indicated she made use of a technique found in an Estonian knitting when she designed this block. As a result, I am going to call this square the Estonian block. I worried I would not be able to figure out the "button stitch" used in this block, but once I was able to figure that out... this block was a snap! It was very fun to do. I love how when I learn a new technique, such as this new "button stitch," my mind starts to wander to how I could use this newly learned technique in a different application. I think if you wanted to write a name or date of birth into a baby blanket, this button stitch would be useful. The possibilities are limitless! By the way, the flash on my camera makes this block look much lighter in color than it really is.

No comments: