Friday, November 9, 2018

Nelkin Designs "Lolatude" Kit #2



Nelkin Designs "Lolatude" Kit #2



Woo Hoo!  My second "Lolatude" kit arrived this week. I signed up to receive a kit every other month for 12 months. This is kit #2.  This kit included some tea, a stitch marker, a skein of 100 percent wool yarn, and a pattern for an octagon-shaped pot holder.  I have not yet felted my pot holder.  I have enough yarn to make a second pot holder so I will hold off on felting until pot holder #2 is done.

The pattern design is by Laura Nelkin and the pattern is called "Another Context(A)".  When I downloaded the pattern, I also received a copy of Laura Nelkin's pattern called "Contexta".  Contexta is an afghan or shawl pattern and the projects are made by connecting knit octagons and mitered squares.  The Contexta pattern contains instructions for how to make the octagon centers differently (six different designs).  My octagon is called "Luminary Octagon".  Since I have enough yarn to make a second pot holder, I plan to try out a different design from the "Contexta" pattern.

It sure is fun to receive a mystery kit every other month.  I also love that I always learn a few new techniques from each pattern.





Here are some pattern links if you'd like to see these patterns on Ravelry.

Another Context(a) pot holder pattern: Click HERE.

Contexta afghan or shawl pattern:  Click HERE.

No comments: