Saturday, November 3, 2018

Clever Construction Cap



Clever Construction Cap



This is my second attempt at this hat. This is a hat pattern I made up on the fly last year.  For both hats, I used Cascade Pacific yarn (it's a worsted weight wool/acrylic blend). The first hat was knit in a great charcoal color and the latest hat, as you can see, is a great blue color.  I love way this hat fits me (even looks good when I wear my glasses which is sometimes a problem with stocking caps) but better yet... the hat looks great after several washings in the washing machine.

I am working on writing up this hat pattern.  As you can see, this design appears to be rather ordinary. The brim is a "knit 2, purl 2" ribbing.  After the ribbing, the hat appears to be alternating bands of knit areas and purl areas, but it's not. After the ribbing, the hat is entirely worked in KNIT stitches.  Pretty cool, huh?  Once I get the pattern worked up, I'll be sure to share about it here.





No comments: