Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Girasole in Gray



Girasole








I've been knitting for ten years.
I think this might be my most very favorite completed project... EVER.



Believe it or not...
I started this in February 2016 and I adored working on this project for one weekend.
And then for some reason I stopped.
And it sat.





A few weeks back I finished up my Building in Color Afghan which had also lingered for quite awhile but NOT as long as this project.  It sure felt great to finish up such a big project when I finished Building in Color so I decided to tackle this next.



And it is done and I am so happy.

I really should have taken photos BEFORE and AFTER blocking. This project changed dramatically when it was blocked.  I soaked the afghan in water and then spread it out on a full size bed mattress that was covered in many layers of sheets and blankets (so as not to damage the mattress).  I turned on the ceiling fan above the mattress to aid in drying and it dried overnight. To give you an idea of how large this afghan is, it completely covered the full size bed mattress and also hung over the sides a few inches.  Big!



Pattern: Available on Ravelry "Girasole" by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
Needle:  US Size 9


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

So BEAUTIFUL!
~Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Kim, This is absolutely gorgeous. Wow.