Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Hat



Happy Hat



I just whipped up this cute little hat called "Happy Hat".  This is a pattern from the book called "One-Skein Wonders for Babies". The pattern called for Berroco Comfort and it turns out I had just enough leftover Berroco Comfort to make this hat.  The little puppy on top came from a "Top This!" hat kit (DMC Brand).

When I first looked at the photo in the book, I thought this was just a basket-weave-sort-of-hat, but the horizontal bars in the hat's design really droop down.  It kinds of reminds me of icing on the side of a wedding cake.  Does that make sense?  Then it finally occurred to me that the horizontal bars curve down like a SMILE!  Get it?!?  It's a Happy Hat!  Makes me love it even more.  This will be a gift for my niece. She's expecting a baby boy in February 2019.  This kid will never have a cold head if I have anything to do with it.  I am working on a few other projects for baby boy.  Such fun.

Thanks to Ann, the owner of "Yarned & Dangerous" in Canon City, Colorado. The best local yarn shop ever!!!  Ann has developed quite a library of great pattern books in the shop and I borrowed the book so I could make this hat.






No comments: