Friday, November 2, 2018

Another Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat





Another Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat

I just whipped up another Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat.  The last project I made using this pattern can be seen HERE.  This time around, I used Cascade Pacific yarn which I really like. This is a really nice yarn that my local yarn shop carries in a variety of colors.  It's a worsted weight wool/acrylic blend and it's very reasonably priced. My favorite knitted hat that I wear all the time (and wash in the washing machine all the time) is made out of this yarn in a charcoal color and the hat still fits and looks great.

When I made the pattern this time around, I did add an extra pattern repeat (five instead of four repeats). I also went down a needle size for the ribbed brim for a snugger hat.  Oh! I added a flower. This flower is crocheted and felted and the yarn is Plymouth Yarn "Gina" (100 percent wool).

I've been working on a number of other things so hopefully I'll have something else to share sometime soon.

Happy Knitting!


No comments: