Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Needle Felting


Needle Felting Class (from left to right): Trudy, me, Belinda, Pam, Karen, and Nancy)

I took a needle felting class before Christmas.  I probably would not have signed up for the class, but Belinda wanted to take the class and I do enjoy taking classes for the socializing. I just did not want to invest in a new hobby.  The class was such that we paid one price and all the supplies were included; that being the case, I decided to take the class.  I am glad I took the class.  It was a really good time and the ladies in the class are some of my very favorite people I've met through the knit shop. The class instructor, Sherry, is a gal I've know for over 23 years so that was a perk, too.  Sherry must have taken the photo since she's absent from the class photo!

We had a fun time making needle felted angels.  My needle felting skills could use some serious improvement but it was fun to try out this process.  You can't see the details very well but the angel has a halo and a metallic thread belt.  We used different type of sheep fibers for the body, hair, wings, and cape. 

I loved the curly fibers we used for the wings. We sprayed wings with lots of hairspray to help them to keep their shape.


Here's my angel hanging in my messy craft room.



No comments: