Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wine Bottle Cozy


Wine Bottle Cozy

I am so tickled. I had this idea for a knit wine bottle cozy and it worked. The yarn in this project is Bernat Mossic. The purple color in the yarn got me to thinking about wine but it turns out the colorway for this yarn is called "Ninja". 

The very bottom of the cozy is actually a crocheted circle. When the bottom was done, I changed to knitting double pointed needles and picked up and knit stitches around the edge of the circle.  Here, I'll show you...


I created eyelet holes near the top and made a draw string out of I-cord. I am really happy with how it turned out. Sadly  the Bernat Mosaic yarn has been discontinued. My yarn shop has a similar yarn by Cascade Yarns called "Souk" which also changes colors slowly, just like the Mosaic.  Right now I am trying out the pattern in Berroco Comfort worsted weight. Mosaic and Souk are both Aran weight which I think is a bit thicker than worsted weight. 


We had a very snowy Veterans Day in Colorado. Good knitting weather. 

No comments: