Thursday, November 13, 2014

Wine Bottle Cozy #2


 
Baby, it's cold outside!  So cold I had to knit another Wine Bottle Cozy. After all, Cabernet Sauvignon is no good chilled; it's best served at room temperature.  


 
This time, I knit my bottle cozy in Berroco Comfort Worsted Weight.  This cozy turned out a tad smaller than the last bottle cozy since this yarn is a bit finer than the aran weight Bernat Mosaic yarn I used previously.  I used US Size 8 needles for both cozies.  The red and white cozy is a bit shorter.  I am not sure if I like it best if the bottle cozy covers the entire bottle or if some of bottle top peeks out.  I suppose it's a matter of personal preference.  I think both look nice.   The good thing about this project is that the bottle cozy is ribbed so it really hugs the curves of the bottle, so if the bottle cozy is a little too big or a little too small, it still works!
 

Time to knit something else.  There are some small appliances in my kitchen which may be getting cold.  Maybe the toaster needs a cozy?


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I love the athletic sock wine cover...so cute!

~Have a lovely day!