Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Winter Solstice Hat


Cap modeled on a butter nut squash... hee, hee.


A Winter Solstice Hat is a design by my friend "Colorado Mom" on Ravelry.  The designer's version is made with black, cream, sage green, and red, but I used dark brown, pale blue, and red since I had leftover yarn in these colors (Berroco Comfort).  This is my first real attempt at a stranded color work and it turned out pretty good (if I can say so myself!)  The pattern link can be found HERE and this is a free pattern. 

I was a few rows into this pattern before I realized I was supposed to be knitting flat!  Duh! I was knitting in the round!  I carried on in the round and altered the pattern a bit as I went (I changed the decreases since I was knitting in the round and added an i-cord at the end instead of a pom pom).  This is a great pattern and I am thinking I might just have enough yarn left over to make another cap, altering the color combination here and there.  This cap is for "Kaps for Kendall"... a knit-worthy cause I recently discovered. 

No comments: