Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two-Toed Socks are Complete!

Well, this must be a record... three posts in one day! 

...ZEBRA MEETS HOT PINK LIPSTICK...

Today I madly worked on my Two-Toed Socks (link for pattern is HERE). 

I was on a mission.  I told myself I could not start any new projects until I finished up these funky socks.  I am wearing them now and they are super comfy.  For these socks, I used US Size 4 double pointed needles.  I cast on the number of stitches recommended in the pattern and knit in a k2 p2 rib. I maintained the rib pattern in the instep but the bottom of the sock is in stockinette.  I knit 50 rounds for the cuff (fewer rounds than recommended in the pattern) and I knit 50 rounds for the foot (more rounds than recommended  in the pattern since I have pretty big feet).  For the toe, I did fewer decrease rounds than recommended.  That was a mistake but I am happy with how the toe turned out. 

On my needles now... another pair of socks which were started a few months back. Using Bernat brand pink and green camouflage yarn (used the other half of the skein for a pair of socks awhile back).  Almost done with sock #1.  Will continue to work on the socks while I ponder what is next! 

Decisions, decisions... I just can't decide...

No comments: