Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pink Camouflage Socks: Take 2


Not much to say about these socks.  Used Bernat Sox yarn in "pink camouflage" for this pair.  I cast them on a few months back after I completed another pair of socks using the same ball of yarn.... yes, two pairs of socks from one skein.  I modified my friend's (Marilyn) "Simple Sock" pattern.  I cast on 50 stitches so I could use a k3,p2 ribbing for the cuff and then I added 2 stitches and completed the rest of the sock. I am forever on a quest for a perfect fitting sock.  Ordinarily, I find socks are too slouchy for my liking. I worry this pair is too tight. I wanted to give these socks to a friend as a gift but am now worried to give them away because (1) I am worried they might be too snug and (2) when the socks were all done, it totally looked as if one sock was slightly larger than the other.  How did that happen?  I might have miscounted the number of rounds in the cuff, but I also wonder if I knit more tightly on one sock as compared to the other.  Dang it.  The socks are just sort of hang out at my house until I decide what to do with them.  They are too small for me to keep for myself.  I made them a smaller size for the friend I had in mind...  *** sigh! ***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they look really cute and I think your friend would really like getting them. I doubt she'd notice any flaws. Harriet

affectioknit said...

Cute! Pink Camo!

K2 said...

Very cute!!!!!! Klak

Karen said...

I think they look fine.And we are our own worst critics.We noticew things that no one else does.I say give them to her. I bet she will live them.
www.knittingnannykw.blogspot.com