Monday, July 30, 2018

TGV with Hand Dyed Yarn




TGV: High Speed Knitting




"TGV" is a pattern available for purchase from designer Susan Ashcroft on Ravelry.  The pattern link is HERE.   I've admired the pattern for years but never tried until this past week.  The pattern reflects TGV stands for two things:

TGV = train grande vitesse (high speed train)
but also
TGV = tricot grande vitesse (high speed knitting).


I had to look up TGV.  It is France's intercity high-speed rail service.  The pattern name does not lie... this is one quick knit. I loved it!  I am sure I will make this pattern again.  Ordinarily I see this pattern knit in yarn that changes colors very slowly to give the wrap a cool striped effect, but I recently saw the pattern knit up in a variegated yarn and I liked the look.

This is yarn I dyed myself!  A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to take an all day class at my local knit shop (Yarned and Dangerous in Canon City, Colorado).  The class was offered by Peggy Doney of "The 100th Sheep".  I will tell you more about the class and the dyeing process we used in another post sometime soon. For now, I will just show you some great shots of my TGV.  I love how nicely this project drapes.  I think it will be a very wearable garment (in a variety of ways) once the temperatures get a bit cooler outside.  Below you'll see some photos of the yarn I used and the shape of the shawl.


























No comments: