Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Malabrigo Waffle Cowl




Malabrigo Waffle Cowl



I went to the Interweave Yarn Fest in April 2018 and... believe it or not... I only bought one skein of yarn and this is it.  Malabrigo Yarn is one of those yarns I see on line and I think to myself.... "If you find this yarn in person, you must buy it!"  So I did.  The booth where I found this yarn had a waffle-rib-sort-of-cowl knit up as a sample and the salesperson did not know the name of the pattern. I studied the sample a bit and tried to duplicate it at home. This is my result.



I was a bit disappointed when I tried this cowl on.  It was a little shorter than I had hoped. I was lamenting the fact that I could have started with four stitches fewer for a narrower and longer cowl. I decided to soak the cowl and try to block and stretch it to make it a bit longer.  The cowl does look longer now after blocking, but it also drapes more nicely and naturally now (it was kind of stiff before blocking).  The photos above show the cowl AFTER blocking and the photos below show the cowl BEFORE blocking.  I think I am happier with this project now.  Also below you will see a photo of the pretty skein of yarn.  It reminds me of a stained glass window.

The yarn is Malabrigo brand and the yarn type is "Caracol". The colorway is "684 Camaleon"





Finally, below you will see how much yarn I had left.  Just two grams!   You can also see how unique this yarn is.  It's reminds me of really narrow strands of roving and the roving is wrapped in thick black thread.  This yarn is a "super bulky" yarn. I loved working with this yarn and am glad this project is all done.





No comments: