Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hitchhiker #5 "Skyline Drive"



Hitchhiker #5 "Skyline Drive"



I am making another Hitchhiker shawl with super special yarn. This is another project being knit up with yarn from "Andromeda Sock Yarn".  A few posts back, I shared a story about my local yarn shop (Yarned and Dangerous in Canon City, Colorado) and a local Indie Yarn Dyer. Andromeda Sock Yarn approached the shop owner, Ann, and offered to hand dye some special yarn for the shop.  Ann asked me if I had any ideas and I mentioned yarn that displayed the beautiful colors of our local area. We are high mountain desert here and are known as Colorado's Climate Capital.  Our elevation is more than 5,300 feet above sea level and it doesn't rain much (about 12 inches each year).  We have brilliant blue skies, red rocks, cacti, and green trees and foliage of all sorts.

The Indie Dyer from Andromeda made this yarn and called it "Skyline Drive".  Skyline Drive is an amazing spectacle that looms over the west side of Canon City.  It's a one way road that travels along a rocky ridge where the Earth has lifted up.  Below you can see just a few photos that I had saved in my phone; these are all photos I've taken from hikes on and below Skyline Drive.  In order to REALLY appreciate what Skyline Drive is all about, I encourage you to check out this amazing video. Click HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO.  You can find many videos just like this one on YouTube.  Just search for "Skyline Drive Canon City, Colorado".

Here are some of my favorite personal photos of the area. What do you think? Do you think Andromeda Sock Yarn captured the colors of Skyline Drive?  I do and I am loving the project that I am knitting with this very special yarn.













No comments: