Sunday, January 14, 2018

Trillian No. 2



Trillian No. 2



Trillian is a very nice shawl pattern from Martina Behm.  I like her designs.  This is the second Trillian I've made.  The yarn I used in this Trillian was a super nice gift from my friend, Belinda. She got this yarn for me a few years back.  We enjoy getting souvineer yarn for one another when we travel.

This yarn is called "Wandering Wool Ausable Sock Yarn" and is in the Bering Sea colorway.  The yarn is 80 percent Merino wool, 10 percent nylon, and 10 percent Cashmere goat! So nice. The yarn shop Belinda visited is called "Looped Yarn Works" in Washington, D.C.

The Trillian pattern calls for 150 grams of fingering weight yarn.  Most fingering yarn I find is just 100 grams so my Trillian is on the smaller side but I still love it. The project really grows when you block it.  If one were so inclined, you could purchase two 100 gram balls of yarn and make an even larger Trillian. I may just have to do that some day.  It's a fun knit and the pattern is very easy to memorize.  I like to work on this type of project when I am traveling or hanging out at the knit shop.




No comments: