Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sylvia’s Socks



Sylvia's Socks

My son and his girlfriend joined us for Christmas this year. Of course I had to make some handmade gifts for Sylvia.  I decided to make her some socks; my son selected the yarn for her socks out of my yarn stash.  This is Wisdom Yarns "Pix" in the colorway called "Paisley".  As you can tell, I worked hard to make the socks matchy-matchy.  I used 2.25 mm needles, 64 stitches, and a Fish Lips Kiss Heel.  I got this yarn in Seattle after returning from a cruise to Alaska. 

Sylvia wore the socks a few times while she was here and I think they fit her well.  She had gotten a cute pair of shoes from one of her aunts for Christmas and I noticed that her socks kind of matched her new shoes.



I liked how Sylvia wore her socks. She tucked her jeans in the cuff of the socks. Here she is wearing the socks with leggings.



I have been finishing a lot of knitting projects lately.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Stay tuned!

No comments: