Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Entrelac Socks: #3 Done in 2018




Entrelac Socks





I am on a roll... finishing up lingering projects this month. This is the 3rd pair of socks I've finished this month.  Entrelac sock #1 was finished way back in April 2017, but.... believe it or not... I actually started these socks way back in February 2015, when I took a class at my local yarn shop.

Long story short... they are done!  This is a pattern by Vicki England.  I can't seem to find the pattern on Ravelry.  I did modify the pattern a lot.  The original pattern called for using both the main and contrasting yarn throughout out the entire sock (cuff, heel, foot), but I just used the contrasting yarn for the entrelac portion of the cuff.  I just don't like changing yarn over and over and weaving in all those loose ends.

The yarns used in these socks are Knit Picks stroll (green) and the contrasting yarn is from Western Sky Knits (leftover from another pair of socks).  I told myself I would NEVER, EVER knit a pair of entrelac socks.  Entrelac is such a cool effect but it seems wildly labor intensive.  As it turns out, I think I might actually knit another pair of socks with entrelac cuffs.

Okay, tomorrow I'll show you the 4th pair of socks I've finished this month.  I think I have one more pair to work on after #4.  It's pretty crazy that I have so many unfinished socks laying around.  It feels very good to finish things up!

No comments: