Friday, December 16, 2016

Norah's Vintage Afghan: Block #8 REPAIR


Uh oh!

I was nearly done with block #8 of Norah's Vintage Afghan when I discovered I had made a mistake in a cable.  I did not have the presence of mind to take a photo of the mistake; I just ripped down about four rows (only over the six stitches in the cable) and tried to fix it.  It still was not right; I needed to go down maybe four rows deeper. So I set it aside, determined to try again in the morning.


As you can see in the photo above, I am just dealing with the six stitches in the cable portion. Once I figured out where I was in the pattern, it was not that difficult to fix the cable. I just isolated those stitches and followed the chart and reworked the stitches row by row. The hardest thing was moving the cable needle from the back of the work to the front of the work, with all those loose strands of yarn in the way, so that I could knit off the cable needle.



Ta Dah!  All fixed.  I was pleased I did not have to rip out those eight or ten rows.  I do love knitting these blocks, but when I am nearing the end of the block, I grow a wee bit tired of it and I want to be done and move on to the next. 

This block will be finished soon. I'll be sure to post a photo when it's all done.

1 comment:

Ann Goldman said...

Simple brilliant. You do such a fabulous job. Thank you for posting your trials and successes.