Monday, December 12, 2016

Norah's Vintage Afghan: Block #7


Block #7

Hello!  Here's another update on Norah's Vintage Afghan.  This is block #7 and the color is "Black Currant" (Yarn: Berroco Vintage Worsted Weight yarn).  I just love this yarn and I love this color.  This block was pretty straight forward; oodles of cables.

I have grown accustomed to cables in knitting being done a certain way; specifically, I am used to cables being flanked by purl stitches to the right and to the left of the cables so the cables really "pop" or stand out.  In this pattern, as in this block, there are cables which are flanked or surrounded by knit stitches so the cables are a little flatter (if that makes sense).  It just gives the cables a different look and it is making me look at cables a bit differently.  I really enjoyed this block.  I find that I am excited to cast on the very next block just as soon as I finish a block. 



No comments: