Thursday, May 19, 2016

B & B Socks


B&B Socks


Yay!  It feels good to finish something. I've been working on these socks for about a month and I am glad to have them done so that I can focus on something else.  As always, I have too many projects on the needles.  As you can see from the yarn label, this yarn contains some silver bling-y threads, but you can't really see that in the photos. 


The B&B in this pattern title refer to the basket weave and the braided cable design elements.  The braided cable runs from the cuff to the toes along the front of the leg and the top of the foot.  It was a bit labor intensive and you have to keep track of the rows closely of course, but well worth the effort.  As I was knitting these socks, I kept thinking how my friend Mrs. W would love the colors in this yarn so these socks will be a gift for her.



Now I am focusing my attention on some socks I am making for my baby boy. I started them in August when he was about to leave for college. He is back for the summer after completing his first year of college, so I really need to finish these socks!  They will be done soon.  In the mean time, I will try to not cast on any more new projects. 


No comments: