Sunday, April 3, 2016

Yarn Fest: Shop Till You Drop


Belinda and I had a great time at the Yarn   Fest in Loveland, Colorado, this past weekend. 

Of course, we shopped in the Marketplace. 


(Above) We both plan to make the Dogwood Leaf Cowl from this beautiful DK weight yarn from Western Sky Knits. 


(Above) We saw samples of the Endless Rose Cowl knit up in a booth called "Wall of Yarn". Belinda and I will both be making this project as well. 


(Above and below) This yarn at Western Sky Knits spoke to me so I had to get it. When I saw this yarn, I said "goldfish"!!!!
Turns out it is called "fishbowl". This may become socks or something else. Time will tell. 



(Above) From Greenwood Fiberworks, I found this highly textured yarn. This will become a möbius cowl; we saw a sample in the booth. Belinda and I are both making this project as well. 

(Below) Also from Greenwood Fiberworks, a pair of hand dyed sock blanks. From this, I plan to make socks. 
I think Greenwood Fiberworks was my favorite booth this year. 


At the Marketplace, I also got a pair of  needles and the needles are a SQUARE shape (not round). That should be interesting. I also got a new kind of stitch marker which was unlike any other I've seen before. 

I'd like to dive into all of these projects, but I have pillows to make and ship tomorrow. I am behind after my fun weekend. 

No comments: