Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ampersand Socks


Ampersand Socks

I am knitting another pair of socks and the pattern is called "Ampersand".  The yarn is Bernat Sox and the colorway is "Camouflage". The pattern is written for knitting from the cuff down on two circular needles; I am making the socks two at a time, from the toe up, on one long circular needle (40 inches, 2.75 mm needles). 


I had to Google "ampersand". I kept picturing "@" but that seemed incorrect. 

Yep, turns out an ampersand is this... "&". 

I am not sure why these socks are called Ampersand, but I tell you... I sure got educated about the history of the ampersand when I was poking around on Google. I find languages and their history fascinating. If you would like to read an interesting article about "&", you can find the article at the following link: 

http://blog.dictionary.com/ampersand/

Yep, I am a nerd.  It's a rainy/snowy day in Colorado. Definitely good knitting weather. 

Happy Knitting!

No comments: