Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Nook Cozy (sewing)


A Nook Cozy

Since I retired on Halloween, I've been busy making pillows for my Etsy shop for the holiday season. The orders finally slowed down in mid-December and I've been enjoying sewing ANYTHING but pillows, and I am most definitely avoiding any project which requires stuffing. 

I've also been having time to read a bit more now that I am retired. Right now, I am reading "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. It's a great book. Anyway, I decided to make a little cozy for my Nook. By the way, I really LOVE my little Nook. 



While I was at it, I made a little eyeglass case to match. 


I really like this fabric with blackbirds, butterflies, dragonflies, pink flowers, metallic gold swirl designs, and gray leaves. There are two quotes on the fabric:

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song."

"Spread your wings and let the bird in you fly."

No comments: