Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Drawstring Bag #1 (sewing)


That Drawstring Bag


I have been eyeing drawstring bags for awhile and finally tried to make one. I watched a video tutorial on line for this project. The pattern is called "That Drawstring Bag" and the patten is available for purchase on a blog called www.gourmetquilter.com. 


The bag has a nicely squared off, boxy bottom. The bag is lined with an ecru colored fabric with a subtle swirl design (I neglected to take a photo of the bag's interior) and there is a layer of lightweight batting in between the layers of fabric. There are casings top stitched to the bag two inches down from the top so that drawstrings can be inserted. I used some cotton twine for drawstrings but I would like to get some nicer looking cording. Finally, there are fabric pull tabs on the ends of the drawstrings. Those pesky, tiny pull tabs were the most difficult part of the pattern. I am not accustomed to sewing tiny little things!

I've made two more drawstrings bags since I completed this one. I will share photos soon!

No comments: