Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Miniature Stocking Garland (sewing)


It's Christas Eve. I made a little garland. I saw these sweet little stockings on Craftsy. The pattern is free and is actually for an Advent Calendar. You can find theTutorial here:


I decided to make just a few stockings. 


I made these assembly line style. I made each stocking different by carefully cutting out the front of each of the five stockings. I wish I would have had some thin ribbon but instead I used some cotton string to string them all together. These were tricky to make since they are pretty small.  I had a hard time with the narrow hem around the curves. It was also really tricky to turn them inside out. I lined each stocking with white broadcloth I have on hand for lining pillows. 

Here are some closeups so you can see each stocking. 






I guess I should add a photo to give a frame of reference for size. 


I hope you have a nice Christmas Eve. 


No comments: