Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lemon Drop Socks


Lemon Drop Socks

I have been finishing up "works in progress".  These socks have been "in progress" since November 2012 (I think).  The yarn is Lion Brand Sock Ease Yarn in the colorway called "Lemon Drop".  I love the names in this series of yarns... Cotton Candy, Sour Ball, Rock Candy, Red Hots, Toffee.  I made Cotton Candy socks about a year ago and they are my favorite socks!  Unfortunately, I did not follow my project notes from the Cotton Candy pair. The Lemon Drop pair does not fit as well.  I keep getting confused by my sock needles; I have so many.  The pattern I used for these socks is free and is available by clicking HERE.  The pattern calls for US Size 2 needles (2.75 mm).  For the well fitting Cotton Candy socks I used US Size 1 1/2 needles (2.50 mm).  But I got confused and accidentally used my US Size 1 needles (2.25 mm) for the Lemon Drop socks. The knitting felt awkward and tight as a result, so on the foot portion of sock #2, I knit with five needles (instead of just 4 needles) and the end result was that I knit very loosely on the foot of sock #2.  An unexpected occurrence but I am hoping the socks will be a tad snugger after the first washing.  Whatever the case may be, I learned something new (about switching the number of needles used part way through the project) and I love the color of my latest socks.



No comments: