Monday, December 31, 2012

Knitting Goals for 2012 Revisited

These were the 12 knitting goals I established for myself when I joined the group called "12 in 12 2012".  The group's mission statement, if you will, was to encourage folks to set goals to complete at least 12 knitting projects in 2012.  I went a little crazy with my goal setting, knowing that I would complete more than 12 projects during the year since I tend to make a lot of small-ish projects.  For myself, I set "12 knitting goals" instead of 12 specific projects.   MY PROGRESS TOWARD EACH GOAL IS IN BOLD FACE.


(1) An afghan called "Nature in Natural" (a pattern from Lion Brand) using up my Berroco Weekend yarn/color: natural, oatmeal. I may re-purpose this yarn to make a pattern called "Girasole" by Jared Flood. I just can't decide!   Started an afghan called "Vortex" and discovered a mistake / frogged the entire thing.

(2) A sweater called "Pismo" for me using my Cascade 220 Superwash Wool yarn in a lovely lavender/periwinkle color.  Started the sweater but frogged it/decided I am not a sweater knitter.
(3) Make something out of my gorgeous two (2) skeins of Noro Silk Garden Sock. This yarn is too beautiful to waste! I just can't decide!  SUCCESS! Made an entrelac cowl and a crocheted market bag.

(4) Make an "Annis Shawl" with beads instead of nupps with yarn from the Sock Summit 2011SUCCESS! But made a Diantha Shawl instead of an Annis Shawl... same designer/different pattern.

(5) Make one (1) shawl (for "Wrapped in Care" group on Ravelry).  NO PROGRESS but I did pick a pattern!
(6) Make a "Swallowtail Shawl" in teal Lion Brand Sock Ease yarn. NO PROGRESS! But I did make a lot of other shawls.

(7) Make an "Elizabeth Zimmermann Pi Shawl"-Inspired Christmas Tree skirt out of Mom's Stash Yarn: Schaffhauser Wolle 'Nancy' in an antique/off-white shade.  NO PROGRESS but I still really want to make a tree skirt!

(8) Use remaining stashed Berroco Comfort DK yarn for chemo caps.  Made 10 chemo caps this year and gave them away, but bought more yarn instead of entirelyy knitting from stash. Still have lots of Berroco DK left..

(9) Find a good use for Mom's Stash Yarn: 'Lil Grins' (cotton/acrylic blend). May make a little sweater.  SUCCESS PARTIALLY. Did make 3 chemo caps with some of the yarn but a the black yarn is tied up in BOBLACA... BOring BLack CAardigan.

(10) Make 12 Christmas Stockings for "Operation Holiday Stockings" (at LEAST 12 stockings in 2012).  FAILED. Made less than 1/2 a dozen and forgot to mail them!  I guess now I have a head start for 2013. 

(11) Make 12 of pairs of SOCKS OR make 12 of projects from book "Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders" (or any combination of the two that adds up to 12)  I had pretty good SUCCESS with this goal... I used a lot of sock yarn in projects aside from socks... and I did make 6 pairs of socks this year.

(12) Try, try, TRY to not buy new yarn for 12 entire months! EPIC FAILURE! Bought yarn on 01-14-2012 and it was all down hill from there. I can say, however, that I have been knitting my newly purchased yarn right away... it's just the stash that won't go away!

If there is a prize for not following plans, I win!  Bottom line... I finished a LOT, LOT, LOT of projects this year.

Here is a summary of what I did complete in 2012.

* Completed 4 shawls (Holden, Diantha, Larch, and Ginkgo)

* Completed 12 tiny hats for Calvin's Hats

* Made and donated 10 chemo caps and also completed 4 other hats and 1 headband (Calorimetry)

* Completed 6 pairs of socks

* Completed 6 pairs of mittens/fingerless mitts

* Completed 3 Striped Infinity Scarves

* Completed 2 Clapotis scarves/wraps

* Completed 1 scarf called "Scarf for Him" (also posted pattern on Ravelry)

* Completed 2 cowls; one called "Intertwisted" and the other was an entrelac pattern. I also completed some of those novelty scarves... do those count? I made 3.

* Completed a blanket called "Serenity" with stash yarn and gave it to my sister. I was especially proud of this project.

* Completed a bunch of miscellaneous small things... 1 coffee cup cozy, 1 crochet market bag, and about 1/2 a dozen mini-Christmas ornaments, and some cotton-face-scrubby thingamajigs.

Happy New Year one and all! 
Now, what shall I make in 2013?

No comments: