Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Some Cheerful Socks


Yesterday at work was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  I've talked about terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days here on my blog before (click HERE).  When I have a day like this, it reminds me of a favorite children's book called Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  My mom was such a trooper; she read this story to me each and every time I brought it home from the library.  I was one of those kids who brought home the same books over and over...  Harold and the Purple Crayon, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, and Where the Wild Things Are... just to name a few.


When I got home from work last night, the boys had already had dinner and were out playing tennis, so I made super simple dinner just for me... comfort food... some Swiss Cheese and Black Forrest ham warmed up between two tortillas.  I gobbled it down (so frustrated from my day... gobble, gobble... I did not even taste it) and looked at the story in the book.  It was good to have some time alone to wind down after an icky, frustrating day. 

I sent a message to one of my friends on Ravelry and told her I had had a bad day at work and that I wanted to go crawl into a cave... but bring my knitting with me of course. She said that made her laugh!



But I have to tell you that one of the things that kept me going through my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day was knowing that, when I got home and had some time to relax, I could work on my cheerful socks.  I started this pair of socks right after I finished up my Cotton Candy socks just the other day.

The amazing yarn is Regia 4-Fach Haltbar Design Line by Kaffe Fassett in the colorway "Exotic Easter".  The yarn is from my local yarn shop, Grandma's Beads and Yarn.  I just love it! 

As the evening progressed, I tried to "let go" of the things that were stressing me out.  Working with this cheerful yarn also definitely cheered me up... despite my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  Afterall, some days are like that... even in Australia.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Those are certainly some cheery socks...hoping tomorrow will be better...

Have a lovely evening...

Anonymous said...

Thank you to the Exotic Easter yarn -for cheering you up after your difficult day. I hope tomorrow will be so much better.
Harriet