Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cartoon: Rhymes with Orange by Hilary B. Price


My mother-in-law, Maryellen, came to visit last week.  I was able to give her the blue-green Clapotis I had made for her and she LOVES it!  Maryellen did not come empty handed; she gave me a container full of the most delicious home-made caramel corn.  It did not last long and I did not share!  On top of the container, she had taped this cartoon which, of course, I think is hilarious.  This is not the first time a friend has cut out and given to me a "Rhymes with Orange" comic strip. I have decided the cartoonist, Hilary B. Price, MUST be a knitter!

I searched for Ms. Price's cartoons on the Internet. I found her blog where you can see her daily syndicated comic strip.  Also, I was able to search for her comic strips which contain references to yarn or knitting.  A link is HERE if you'd like to see more. 

Note:  I especially like the cartoon where a woman is knitting her spaghetti with two forks.  I have that comic strip on my desk at work (given to me by a friend) but the knitter in the comic strip has "Kim" written in over her head and the knitter's male companion in the comic strip has my husband's name written in over his head.  It's great when your friends know you so well!

1 comment:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

I love her comics too -- always so spot on!