Sunday, February 26, 2012

Purple Turtle Tracks



 Oh, I love this pattern.  I've made it a few times before. The pattern for these Emilee Dee Mitts can be found on Ravelry; the link is HERE.  The lace pattern is called "Turtle Tracks".  It looks like cables but there are none.  The design is made from yarn overs, k2tog's and ssk's. 

 I used Berroco Comfort DK yarn in a dark purple; however, in these photos, the yarn looks rather blue, doesn't it!? Funny how that works!  If you've never made mitts before, and you like the look of these mitts, I really think you'll enjoy this project.  This was the first mitt pattern I ever followed and I keep coming back to make more. 

This is my 4th pair of fingerless mitts for a charity called "Mitts of Steel" for dialysis patients who suffer from cold hands.  I think I might need to make a pair for me since I like them so much.  I had the mitts on as I was taking pictures and I noticed how nice it was to have my fingers free so I could adjust my camera easily. 

No comments: