Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hemlock Ring Blanket... a gift





Hemlock Ring Blanket for my Mom and Dad for Christmas. The pattern link is HERE.  For this gift, I used three skeins of Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool, which is natural Peruvian wool.   I used nearly all the yarn I had except for about 1/2 of an ounce. That's cutting it close.  The Hemlock Ring Blanket is based on a vintage doily pattern.  The pattern was adapted to be a throw or blanket by Jared Flood.

As you might expect, this project was a big deal to block.  I soaked it in the sink in the kitchen and attempted to let it drain.  I put it on a kitchen towel on the island in the kitchen and the water oozed and oozed.  With a river of water on the floor behind me, I raced to the clothes washer, which was just several steps away, and set the blanket and towel on "spin" to use the centrifugal force to remove a good deal of the moisture. I used the futon in the spare room for blocking.  The futon mattress was covered with towels and a fitted sheets.  Hundred and hundreds of pins did the job! 


A few more photos... a photogenic piece of knitting...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so Beautiful. I bet your mom and dad love it.
Harriet