Friday, December 30, 2011

Clapotis Finally

Clapotis (A French word...pronounced clap-oh-tee) is an insanely popular free knitting pattern on http://www.knitty.com/


As of this moment, there are 18,720 Clapotis projects listed on Ravelry. I have had this project in mind for quite some time and tried to make it with some beautiful, colorful Noro yarn I have in my stash. After a false start with the Noro, I have decided the Noro yarn would be better suited for a different pattern. But I remembered some beautiful Cascade Heritage Hand Painted Sock Yarn I bought awhile back and I decided the pattern and yarn were destined for one another.  I cast on yesterday and here is my progress so far.


 
The project is a large parallelogram shaped shawl of sorts.  It features rows dropped stitches.  I have just completed the increase portion of the project.  It starts with 2 stitches and then slowly increases to 107 stitches.  Now I am at the straight section of the project where I am staying with 107 stitches and dropping rows of stitches once in awhile.  I can now see why this project is so popular; it is a VERY FUN KNIT. It's complicated enough to keep you from getting bored, but not so difficult that you easily lose your place.  If you are interested in this project, or have been toying with the idea of making a Clapotis yourself, I highly recommend it.   I also recommend joining a Ravelry group called How Do You Pronounce "Clapotis?"
In this group, I found some great tips for this project. I even reached out to a few of the experts in the group (who have made numberous Clapotis) and they've been very responsive and helpful!)
 
The Knitting pattern link can be found HERE.
 
The Ravelry pattern link can be found HERE.

1 comment:

Coloradomom said...

OOooooo - more beautiful yarn! Love those colors!!